Friday, October 9, 2015

Doctor Follow Up

Had my four week post-op follow up yesterday.  The one I had been waiting for.  Doctor opened with "Are you ready to ditch the crutches?" -- UHH YEAH that's what I've been waiting for!  Got the green light to ditch them.  It should take about a week to transition off of them.  I began walking on my leg as soon as I left that room.  I'm still putting a good amount of the weight on the crutches, but it's so nice to be able to start the transition. I don't remember exactly how long it took for me to go from 2 crutches to 1 pre-surgery but that's what I'll be working on the next few weeks.

The only other take away other than everything looking good and him saying to not overdo the flexion quite yet (I'm at 82 degrees ROM as of the last PT appt Weds) was that it will take a while to get back to jogging.  With a normal ACL repair it's about 10 weeks. With an ACL repair with Meniscus it's closer to 4-6 months. (That's me)  Which I expected to hear.  Good news is that 1 of those months is already over. So projecting out 3-5 months from now puts me into the January-March range before I can get back into running.  That's fine.  I'm content to just be able to get back to walking at this point, and that should be soon.   I'm not expecting to be ready for kickball by Spring season, but possibly, hopefully Summer. And at the end of the day, if it takes me longer to return to be able to play longer into the future, I'm fine with that. IIWII right.

No comments:

Post a Comment