Tuesday, August 4, 2015

MRI

Okay quick last post and I'll be all caught up for now.

I got a call Monday on my way home from work at about 5pm. She said I was approved by insurance for the MRI and that they had an opening that night at 6pm. Naturally, I said, let's do it.

Sara got home and wasn't exactly expecting the quick change of plan. It was downpouring. We scurry'd the girls (yes, that's what you have to do with two little girls ages 3 and 5) into the car as quick as we could. And pushed off for my new favorite place Bone & Joint.

I got into the MRI pretty quickly and got to sit in Bessy for 20 minutes. First time getting an MRI.  It was interesting. I was given ear plugs and basically meditated listening to the sweet sounds of that MRI taking its image slices of my knee. Bessy was basically singing a song to me. And I listened.

Thankfully I only had to put my legs into that thing.  I'm hoping to avoid having to go in the other way anytime in the future.

After a bit I was all done, given the disc, and we headed home. We stopped at Moe's and V got to eat the only food on her food chain, quesadillas, so naturally she was happy.  M finally got over the fact that daddy buckled her seat belt when we left from the MRI and put a smile on her face.

So now the initial appointment is done, and the MRI is done. I just have to wait for the next appointment to hear what the doctor has to say. I mean, I can see what I think I see on the images, but I'm not a doctor.

Otherwise, the knee feels kneey.  I'm not putting any weight on it and don't want to. Thankfully I can move my leg around and I can bend it and straighten it pretty decently.  It is what it is, amiright.

Added 2015-08-17: MRI Results Followup

No comments:

Post a Comment