Thursday, August 6, 2015

The DL

The week has been going by relatively smoothly as I await my follow up appointment. I'm getting slightly better with the crutches and have been doing a good chunk of reading.

Tonight will be interesting as I'll have my first kickball game on the disabled list.  I still haven't figured out who will assume some of my captain duties but hopefully after tonight someone will volunteer.  I plan to get to the games and set my lineups, but there could very likely be a point where I physically can not. I'm more concerned about how I will shimmy down the short hill to get to the actual field tonight than setting a perfect lineup. Should be interesting. I'll probably end up asking that all our games get moved to Field 5 so I don't have to do go very far after this week. Maybe. 

We play the team that runs the league tonight. They're beatable but only if we limit our mistakes. I've got plenty of back up players to take over for me. Perhaps my team can rally the rest of the season, the old fashion way, and win it all for the disabled captain.  That'd be just great, if we win this season, and I don't even get to play.  Oh well, I'd still be happy, even if my heart is just not into it right now.  We've got a lot of work to do to get to that point.  First things first.

2 comments: