Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday Morning Walk And Talk II

Big News, on Friday I was able to take my first steps.  This is huge!  I'm not exactly walking around yet but I have been able to transition to one crutch and it has made a huge difference already.

I'm going to keep this short for now and maybe I'll circle back later to expand a bit. We lost Thursday night to finish the season 6-3. It was a pretty bad game for us and playoffs start this week. Let's bounce back. I went and watched my work's company softball team win their championship Friday night. Sara and the girls went to PA for the weekend and left me home alone. My sister moved to the area Saturday and some great friends of mine were able to help. My Aunt Maria visited Saturday night in between traveling back to Rochester. The girls came back yesterday afternoon.

All in all it was a great weekend and being able to hobble around with one crutch now is making some things much easier. I have a followup with the doctor tomorrow and I suspect we'll set a surgery date. As many steps forward as I can take between now and then the better. That way when the surgery knocks me back a few steps I won't have as far to go.  Lets do this.

1 comment: