Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Progressing

Not a whole lot to really update you all on at this moment, at this juncture, in this space of time. Things are progressing. Did have a doctor follow up last Thursday 11/12. He thought it all looked good and I was progressing nicely. I was aware beforehand and he reiterated that the graft itself is at it's weakest 2-3 months post surgery. I don't really know all the medical science behind it but as part of the healing process with the graft, it's strong at first, becomes weak, and then begins to strengthen again.  So for now I am in a bit of a holding pattern with what I can and can not do with the knee/leg.  As it is, I still have a few more months to go before I can start to jog again because of the meniscus repair. But I have been using the cycle at the gym at work and will continue to do that. I am progressing to new exercises at physical therapy as I really try to focus on balancing on the leg without having to shift all of my weight over to counter balance. I do a lot of squats, a lot of steps. It's still difficult for me to control my leg going down and I am pushing to get better at that. But otherwise, I am completely crutch free at this point and able to get around to where I need to go. It still has feels, not painful, sometimes sore, but where the left leg just feels like a leg with the absense of feeling, the right leg still feels like, well for lack of a better description, that it got cut open and operated on 2 months ago.

Long story short, I'm progressing. Trying to get my range of motion further along so I can use both legs to go down stairs. Working on leg strength so I can balance better. And feeling a little less worried about the soon to be winter, ice, and snow season. Winter is coming. Oh and I almost don't have to think about what it takes to get out of my car yet, almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment