Monday, March 14, 2016

Hitting The Streets

Yah, I've been bad. I owe you a recap of the last few months. The short version is that my surgeon recommended I stop going to PT and just do it on my own in January. It felt like I was breaking up with a girlfriend when I told my PT guy. Mid way through January I started using the Elliptical machine at work. I've maxed at 30 minutes so far and have stuck to a path of slow progression.

Last week I attempted to actually jog for the first time. I started my intervals small at 30 seconds walking, 15 seconds running. The running felt okay but awkward. It isn't looking very pretty to see but it's happening. I felt decent enough halfway through that run to switch intervals and do 30 on, 15 off. I actually had a few strides that felt normal. I did a little over a mile.

This past Saturday I went back out and did 30 second walking, 45 second running intervals. It again felt okay, but limpy. It should improve. I' going to try to stick to running only a couple times a week until it feels better and better. But it's nice to get back out there and get my feet on the ground. I'm getting closer to feeling slightly more normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment