Tuesday, November 7, 2017

2017 Recap

My bad, I didn't update you at all on how the spring/summer/and fall culminated for me and the Ballz Deep crew. 

Let's see..
We finished Spring season 8-3, losing in the Semi Finals.
We finished Summer season 8-1, losing our first game in the playoffs :(
We finished Fall season 9-2, again losing in the Semi Finals.

At 25-6 overall, this was my most successful year as far as winning went.  I'm still annoyed to not have pushed thru to the championship but I feel really good about our squad going forward.

As far as my numbers go I did great pitching and decent kicking. I started using more of a high bounce pitch and it turned out to be super effective against all the kickers as long as the umpire gave me the correct strike zone :)

I pitched 119 2/3rd innings this year allowing only 57 runs. 0.48 runs an inning, with a 2.858 RA/6 inning.  Our defense got better and better over the year and will continue to improve next year.

I kicked at a .490 average which wasn't super spectacular with 12 rbis, 6 runs, and 1 home run.  The team kicked at a .599 average overall. Wow.

My focus now is to resume a training program to shed some of weight I've still yet to lose since this injury and just improve the overall strength of these legs.  I haven't gotten back to distance running yet and I'd still like to. 

I still think about the leg but didn't as much during games as the year went on.  I laughed earlier this week while walking, thinking, is this how I walked before? I can't remember what it was like to walk normal. Maybe I am walking normal. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment