Thursday, April 6, 2017

So it's been a minute

Hi everyone!  Apologies for a lack of updates over the last year.  Everything has been going good.  Still feels awkward at times.  It's an ongoing adjustment.  Been walking a lot and running a fair amount.  About to kick things into high gear and really blast off.

Running -- The hardest thing about getting back into half marathon shape is getting back into a regular routine. I've been doing 2 mile runs but only a couple times a week.  I'm still looking at getting back to where I was and I am going to schedule myself for a half marathon this fall so I'll really need to upgrade my training real soon here to stay on pace.  I'll be doing the corporate challenge for the first time next month. That's only a 3.5 mile race.  I did do a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day last fall in Delmar for my first actual race back.  My pace is super slow these days but that's okay.  It's all about the duration and distance at this point for me.

Kickball -- Being a spectator last year was tough. It was great to hang out with my friends but by the time the Fall season wrapped up I was ready to be done with the watching and ready for the rolling.  But here we are, on the cusp of a new season. I've got a fully loaded team of 20 people and spring season starts on 4/20.  My goal is to wrap little recaps of our games and how I felt to keep this blog updated moving forward. I'm just excited to start and get back to rolling the ball again.  It's been 623 days since I rolled it!!  I never even took the field the day I got injured since it was the top of the 1st inning.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and let you know I plan to update this some more this summer moving forward.  Even if no one reads it, that's okay.  It'll be good for me!  Cheers everybody..  and it's okay to ask me how the knee feels even if I laugh at how many times I get asked. It's topical.

No comments:

Post a Comment