Thursday, September 3, 2015

Playoffs!

Kickball playoffs start tonight. This will be tough to watch too :)  We managed to finish the season at 6-3 (2-3 after my injury) to hold onto the #6 seed.

We face Faces Loaded @ 6:30pm tonight in Lincoln Park. The lineup is locked and loaded and we are looking forward to our rematch.  We won 15-5 when we played them previously this season and it was the last full game I was able to play.

If we are able to squeak past Faces Loaded, we will once again (in all likelihood) face off again against There's No Crying In Kickball. They knocked us out of the Spring playoffs (and are the Spring season champions) and beat us in a closely contested match up a few weeks ago. Assuming we win our first game and they win theirs, we will hope to finally knock them down a peg.

If we are able to win both games, we will advance to the semifinals next Thursday. If that's the case I am giving myself about a 2% chance of even making it to the game as I will be a day removed from surgery and not very interested in moving at all. But I'm not ruling it out. Let's hope The Box wins so I have to think about it all week.

There's no clear cut favorite here. Loaded Faces is good but not that good. Dr*nk again got lucky against us last week when we were missing 11 players. Crying is good. Menace's defense is really good and they score in bunches. son of a pitch can beat anyone. Wham Bam has two great pitchers. Can't count out Home Run or BUST. Balldozers is a solid team from the limited number of times I've seen them in action. Manatee and Whi$key are better than their records. Let's do this!

Wish I could play, but I can't so I'm looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out.  Someone better tell me how it goes next week man.

Click to expand these....



No comments:

Post a Comment